Car Fund Update

It's been about a month since I first wrote about saving cash to pay for my next car.  As of that writing, I had $1000 saved.  Today I have $1400 in the car fund.  I was a little too optimistic about how much I would be able to save last month and was not able to put in quite as much as I wanted.  I have another $400 check coming sometime this week that will go straight to savings...hopefully.  I also need to buy contacts and glasses in July (~$300 total) and anticipate a laptop purchase in August as mine is 5 years old and trying to give up the ghost.  These bumps in the road make it difficult to say exactly how much I can chuck into savings, but I'm pleased to say that I've been at or below budget lately.

May 2013 total- $1000
June 2013 total- $1400

Comments

Popular Posts