Frugal Happenings

Haven't done one of these in a while!!

*Received a $15 check from my credit card rewards which I promptly deposited into my "Gifts" savings account.

*Will receive a ~$50 check from my credit card rewards this month.  This is unusually large because of a big purchase I made several months back.  I try to put most of my purchases on my credit card so that I can get cash back.  

*Stocked up on four pounds of butter while it was under $2 for Easter.  Also bought a couple of bricks of cream cheese at .88 each.

*Have figured out how to do a manicure that lasts most of the week without chipping.  The Gelous nail base from Sally Beauty Supply is worth every cent!!  After the initial Gelous purchase ($5ish), I've spent $0 weekly on manicures.

*Finished my taxes which cost a total of $20 to file.  I am pleasantly getting back ~$200 which is nice since last year I had to pay in 2K.  

*Wanted to spend half of that $200 refund but decided to pacify myself with a $5.99 Kindle download instead.  It worked.

*I downloaded a free Kindle book.

*Continued to save 12% of my salary in my retirement account.  In March I received ~2K from the company that I work for as a match and service contribution.  Free money!!!!!

*Learned that I CANNOT go without taking a probiotic.  Saved some money by purchasing a six month supply off of the Walgreens website.  The probiotic that I use is $22.99 in my local store, but $20.99 on the website.  I waited for a buy one get one free sale, received free shipping, AND received $2.52 back from Ebates.  

*Continued to look for gifts well in advance of birthdays and Christmas.  I am doing a much better job of staying on budget this way.

*Purchased a pair of needed work pants but had them shipped to the local store to save $8 in shipping.  Waited to pick them up until I had other errands in that area.

*I received another $10 off $10 purchase coupon from JC Penney.  I bought two shirts and one gift for $3 out of pocket.

*I have been enjoying reading my huge to-be-read pile and catching up on Netflix.  Simple pleasures!

Comments

Danavee said…
You are so good. Let's see........I took a load of clothes to the Review Shoppe? Sooooo I'll see the fruits of that in a few months! ;)
Yay!!!! I LOVE getting money for stuff that has just been sitting around the house- way to go!!!
see you there! said…
Just checking in for some frugal inspiration. I've not tried taking clothes to consignment shop, might have to work on that.

Darla

Popular Posts