Frugal Adventures: Personal and Business Edition



Personal:
* I got a hair cut on Friday that was $23 with tip included.
* On Saturday I dyed my hair, gave it an Olaplex treatment, gave myself a facial peel, and bleached my teeth. All at home.
* I don't need Olaplex often as I don't bleach my hair but rather dye it dark. However, about once a year it starts to feel like straw so I know it's time for a treatment. I found a reputable dealer (ha ha) on eBay for steps 1 and 2 which are the salon treatment (don't bother with step 3). I paid with eBay bucks and a gift card that I earned through MyPoints.
* I spent $120 at Aldi three weeks ago and have been working through those groceries until yesterday when I picked up some more groceries for $35.
* I planted two raised beds with vegetable seeds.
* I've been cooking at home with random ingredients to stretch the groceries. I am tired of cooking to be honest, so I'll switch to sandwiches, smoothies, and salads for summer.
* I quit banjo lessons for now ($65 per month) not because of money but because of time. I'll still practice at home and may return to lessons when my life is less chaotic!
* I exercised at the park and at home on my treadmill. The treadmill has been a great investment for me.
* I had a subscription to the Sephora Play box for two months and then cancelled ($11). I don't change up my skin care or hair care, so I'd rather spend the $11 per month on makeup that I know I will enjoy.
* Currently reading subscriptions to Harper's Bazaar and Money magazines that I got for free through Recycle Bank.

Business:
* I clean the office myself. It helps that I work with two women who are both very neat!!
* Rather than pay for trash service, I haul the two small bags per week to my house which is less than a mile away and put it in the dumpster there.
* It's yard sale season, so I am finding good merchandise in the $1-$3 range.
* I want to order new logo stickers and other fun branding goodies for my packaging but will wait until cash flow is improved.
* I reduced the hours of my photographer for now and will pick up the slack myself.
* We needed more plastic totes (how we store the clothing) so I bought five and then went through all the existing totes and updated our list of which ones had room to add in more clothes. There were quite a few as sales have been pretty consistent.

Comments

Popular Posts